Friday, October 23, 2009

FAIL

Last night, we were supposed to have our first beer tasting. We brewed a Pale Ale, Sarah's first brew actually, about 2 weeks ago, so we planned this whole party where Sarah would make food & we would all drink the beer. Well, of course she goes to check the beer yesterday, & it wasn't done fermenting yet. Just our luck. We still had people over, & Sarah still made food. She made these AMAZING sliders, with Vermont cheddar, rosemary, garlic, all on the griddle. & then homemade french fries (so mad I didn't take any pictures, especially of all the adorable sliders.) & since we didn't have any of our own tasty beer to drink, we had to pick up the Saranac beers of winter. Oh & some Sam Adams Oktoberfest & Boston Lager. Super delicious evening. We also brewed our second batch of beer: Oktoberfest! So hopefully we can do our real beer tasting soon. I know I can't wait to try it. I made beer bread with it & that was really good, but it's not the same as drinking it. I feel like it's like my kid or something performing in a play. It makes me so nervous! I guess I'll just have to wait [im]patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment